SEARCH THIS BLOG

Friday, October 13, 2017

Halloween PopCorn Box Party 2017: Candy Corn Treat




I'm so excited to be participating, again, in creative blogger and illustrator, Laura Kelly's Halloween Popcorn Box party this year!

Laura sent me, along with a host of other talented bloggers, products from, Cost Plus World MarketOriental Trading CompanyKunin Felt and Udderly Smooth .



I wanted to use all of the fun craft items that, Laura shipped to me.  So, I decided to make a candy corn felt tag and use the box as a nice Halloween treats gift and favor box.

To dress up my box, I started by grabbing a piece of scrapbook paper, tracing around one side of the box to create a template.  I cut out four pieces of the paper and then adhered them to the box to cover it up. 








Once that step was completed, I made my Candy Corn felt tag.  

To make the tag, I hand drew a triangle onto cardstock and rounded the corners.  If you don’t have a corner round punch, you can always use a cap from a water bottle and trace around that.  I traced my template and cut out the shape from a yellow, white and orange piece of felt. 





The same technique can be used to make the mouth layer for the tag, and you just would cut black felt in half once your circle is cut.  For the cheeks, I carefully traced around a pencil eraser and cut that out of pink felt.  

When all my layers of felt were cut, I stacked the layer together and cut 1/3 off the top of the orange layer, then 2/3 off of the yellow layer.   I used hot glue to attach all my pieces together and set it aside to dry.



Using some of the treats that Laura sent, I grabbed orange, yellow and white paper shred, added it to a clear bag, and placed the treats inside.  Then I added a little tag with some festive ribbon.  I also put some paper shred in the box with the clear bag of treats into the popcorn box.  Finally, I attached the felt candy corn tag with a mini paper clip!







I love the idea of upcycling a popcorn box to use as a fun gift giving idea.  The Halloween Popcorn Box Party is always so much fun!  Check out last year's popcorn box here.


Thanks to Laura for inviting me to participate again and thank you to
Cost Plus World Market, Oriental TradingCompany, Kunin Felt and Udderly Smooth for all the items that were used to pull this fun gift idea together!.


PIN THIS

PIN THIS



Be sure to enter to win!

pt>





Follow along!



LET'S GET SOCIAL!
Visit me @cwbdparties on InstagramFacebookTwitter and Pinterest and tag me when share your best crafting moments using craft ideas from my site!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails